Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Week Away!!

First... Happy Fathers Day, to all those amazing dads.

Well in a week, Hunter goes in for his fontan. I am getting excited to have it done and not having it hanging over our heads. And on the other hand, I am getting anxious about what they have to do.

Hunter is almost at the 29 pound mark. ( just under )..... I am not certain that I will be in the best of moods this coming week. As I am thinking about what my poor son has to endure in the next few weeks. I have faith in the surgeon. I think he is an amazing man... I just fear the unknown.

Well yesterday I went and started to fill up Hunters bag for the hospital. This is a surprise bag.. He will get something to keep him entertained and calm....
so far there are 2 new movies ( Harry and his bucket full of dinasours!!) hunter loves him!!
a new stuffed animal...
( although not new....) I can't forget his leapster.... he loves playing the alphabet game!!! I mean for hours this keeps him entertained, although I don't know if this will work in a hospital environment...
I still have to get some crafts, and some other treats... But at least it is a work in progress...lol

I have almost recovered from my surgery..( scar revision from my breast reduction last year ). I am glad I did it before Hunter goes in... It kept my mind off of the fontan coming up.. maybe a few extra weeks of peace of my mind... Now I am starting to get anxious, scared.

I thank everyone for Keeping Hunter in their thoughts, prayers or whatever it is that you do. I appreciate it, and ask.. please continue to think of him and help him during surgery.
I will be updating this blog from the hospital after Hunter goes in... ( more than likely I will not be responding to e-mails-- NO TIME-- so please leave messages here, I will see them here first...


thanks

2 comments:

  1. The date has been right on the main screen of my phone for about a week now, and everytime I look at it I stop to send you guys some strength and love. You guys are so close to the other side - I know how hard this is now, and we're thinking of you and praying this is as easy as it can be for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{{{{{hugs Drea}}}}}}}. I will keep you, your family and especially Hunter in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete