Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So the day is really here...

We got to Toronto last night and got settled into our room.. Grabbed something to eat, and drink. and then we started to play games with Hunter to keep him busy..
He didn't fall asleep unitl about 11:20 pm.. he was watching a movie-- so I put it in the playpen and then he fell asleep in about 10 minutes..
The sleep was ok.. but what can I expect my nerves are getting the better of me.

So at 6am Gerry went over to the hospital ( across the street ) to check in ( we did not wake Hunter... we already had a feeling that he was second case..) so he gets there and yes Hunter is second... But the want him there now.... mmmmmmmm...NO.. why not let him sleep unitl 9 or so then bring him in...
The nurses don't care... it is all procedure which is not implimented to be benificial to the kiddos...
So we took him over for 7 am... they listened to his heart and took the blood pressure... then said ok.... NOW WAIT!!!!! so my whole point was validated... He did not need to be there so early, they could have left him sleeping.... Now mama and dada are iritated..-- But what can you do.

So now at 7 am until around 1 approx 5 hours.. of keeping Hunter occupied and happy. ( remember he can't eat or drink..) FUN!!! just more stressed added to the day that already has my head spinning..

So it is about 10:20 now.. still trying to keep Hunter happy.... So far so good. Thank goodness for DVD players and movies and leapsters...

I will try to keep everyone updated today what happens but the computer lab closes at 4.. I don't know if I will know anything by then.... so please keep calm... hopefully no news is good news..

On a lighter note. My staples are out ( as of yesterday and BOY!!! they feel all better.) But I can't go in the pool because of one of the staples pulled and ripped the skin.... Not like I would have time.... BUT... oh well...

I have to let all you CHWO( london and area ) cardiac patients know .... ( I just found out ) they no longer have there program for rembursement... WHAT ????? I know know onw told me... I thought that the hotel would be covered and the parking.... BUt let me tell you!!! the program is NO LONGER.... so start saving for when you have to bring your kiddos down to Toronto for surgery... you no longer get ANY help... ( I would have like to knoe this a few weeks ago.. not the day of!!!! not great for nerves already shot!!--- But once again what can I do.... NOTHING..

I am doing ok right this minute... my snapping point is going to be wehn they take my baby..
I am crying just thinking about it.....

So the plan is around 1 pm he should be going in....
please everybody keep sending your prayeres and well wishes, good vibes Hunter needs then all right now.....

thanks
Drea

( update hopefully to follow soon..... )

2 comments:

  1. thinking of you guys and hoping you get good news soon! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you guys today...hope that all goes well and that Hunter has a speedy recovery.
    Sad to hear about the reimbursement program ending.

    ReplyDelete