Monday, May 4, 2009

Back home .....

So, Many of you know. That the first weekend of May is the mom's getaway weekend. ( this is a weekend of moms to get away from the stress and our kids, to come up with new ideas and regroup...-- these are moms of special needs children, whether it is physical, mental, or severe health problems.

We get away from the crazy life from friday night to sunday afternoon. It is a great time to make new friends, reconnect with old ones, and a time to share stories, get new ideas and just relax, time to see what is truly important-- our families....

I have to say that this year was really the best bunch of people that we have had. It is so nice and humbling to be in a room of women who " GET IT". I don't have to explain my child's illnesses, they understand and except me and don't JUDGE me based on that. Many of these women although in different stages of the journey, have loads to share. Many of us have been on this journey for a long time, some have more experience ( which we learn from ) and some of them were just starting this journey. regardless of were we are, We all have something to offer, even if it is just a hand in friendship to say I am here.

So to all the ladies, thankyou for having such amazing children. And I hope we can get together before the next weekend away, that is over 361 days away!! ....lol

I learned alot from these women, acceptance, strength, forgiveness ( I have a hard time with this.) and I am still learning. I have been on this road a long time, and I have come to many forks, bends and hills, even some pot -holes, I know that it is a life long journey and that I have picked up many hickers ( friends )too...lol But they make the travelling managable.

I hope that many more moms ( expecially my fellow heart moms ) can come out next year. you would add a great amount of knowledge and fellowship to this group, and we love having new moms...

And to a special mom ( M.) you are really a great friend, I learn so much from you. Compassion, acceptance, forgiveness ( yes... I am still working on that, it will take a long time. ), and friendship.. don't ever change, because you give me strength.. hugs~~
Hugs ~~~ to all the moms

mmmmmmmmm.... No there are no pictures.... Not that I would post anyway....lol

So, to all my old friends and new friends, have a great day.

And just a little side note...

Gavin is still in the hospital, He has a fever and some other issues going on, please keep him in your thoughts and that he may get home soon. ( link is at the bottom of the blog-- left hand side )



“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.” ~ Colin Raye

No comments:

Post a Comment