Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4 still recovering.

So the last few days Hunter has had a very hard time ( or is giving us a very hard time.) Either way... I have not yet seen my happy little boy.

lAST NIGHT WAS VERY LONG WITH NIGHT TERRORS... he would wake screaming.. and would not really settle. I got him to drink about the equivalant of a sipper cup full of juice. This morning was really not better. He has two drainage tubes, but only one draining.. and actually it is draining alot.

On a good note, he is going poop great!!.....lol but he refuses to eat today.. not smarties, not cookies, not chicken, not anything.... Finally this afternoon I got him to drink about 200 ml of juice.. I am getting worried about this struggle.

Hunter went for a walk outside, and the only thing that maybe got his attention ( not even a smile ) was a woo woo!! ( fire engine) if only we get get then to go buy every 2 minutes we might get a smile. I am finding that Hunter is very very sad.. I wouldn't say depressed.. but really close.
He would not play in the toy room, he just wants movies...

If anyone has any ideas please let me know... ( nothing from his goodie bag is even making him blink... NOT one smile yet.

I so miss my little boys laugh and smile...

Since it is the weekend too, nobody is really here, and nothing is really going on.. So i have no idea what is planned..

But I have to say we are really lucky that he is going to the bathroom, and has no other real issues. He just needs to drink more and EAT!!

I have to say that I talked to Mackenzie this morning, she sounds fine.. and Tristian informed me that he scored 4 goals in soccer the other night!! GO TRISTIAN GO!!! He said that he is a great player now...lol.. But his main concern is when he is going to Tanya's to stay for the week. He is getting so excited about seeing Alina... I am so grateful that My best friend is taking Tristian for the next week. He will have a blast. ( although Tanya may not want to have him again... the nighthawk thing...lol her girls go to bed so good an dso early!!!)

Mackenzie is going to her respite worker next week. (Mackenzie loves going to Barbs... ) thanks Barb.....

that is it for now... Gerry is trying to get Hunter motivated to stand and try to walk... we shall see... Although Hunter did say he has a sore throat, that could be from being re-intubated so fast after surgery... maybe this is why he won't eat and doesn't want to drink lots...

I really hope that we get outta here soon.. we can afford the hotel for much longer... and I don't want to do the RMH-- Ronald Mcdonald House.... bin there don't want to go down that road again...... I have to go find a laundrymat too... clean clothes are needed soon.

please continue to keep Hunter in you thoughts and prayers, I really need my baby boy back...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea
    what about popsicles, knowing you two you have tried it all, it sounds like it is a sore throat, you could tell him, dieago sent him popsicles to eat, from dora house. keeping you in our prayers, jackyxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, drea, i don't really know what to say other than, hang in there, hun... it's so hard, i know, and it's heartbreaking to see them in this condition, and not being able to fix it yourself. but you're not in this alone... i know i'd be there if i could. so just know that i'm thinking and praying for you guys. lotsa heart hugs. <3 <3 <3

    ps - there's a laundry room in the hospital, 4th floor, black wing, i think? your nurse should know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember all those exact feelings it really sucks to see your child so upset, and you can't make it better. He will be okay though, kids get over things quick, they really don't hold grudges. I will be praying he cheers up soon and that he will start to eat and drink more. I remember being worried about that too, I didn't feel Dominic was even drinking enough when we were discharged. I will pray the drainage slows down too, and he can soon get rid of those tubes, I think they feel much better without them.

    Hugs

    Jenaia

    ReplyDelete