Friday, July 3, 2009

post op 2 and 3

Sorry for the delay, But yesterday was very busy...

So yesterday Hunter was a NO,NO,NO,NO, get off me mood. He didn't want anyone to touch him . But can you blame him????

So yesterday morning I got to the hospital and he was just waking up and wow... I got Hunter to eat 5 grapes and drink some juice... ( kinda weird though- the day before he was begging for juice and today I was forcing him to drink and didn't get much down.) He would not eat all day, but he did have two good BM...lol you moms know what a relief that can be for them...

I did however get to snuggle with him and hold him for a few hours yesterday. That felt so good. after that he got some pain meds and went back to sleep, just in time for shift change ( which we have to leave anyway )

I came back and all his dressing were changed and he looked cleaner, but still not happy. At least Diego keep him company. And thanks to the nurse who finally found a dvd player for him to watch... so that made his going to bed better...

At that time ( last night he had still not drank anything ) so dad stayed all night with him and finally got him to drink a whole 2 full sippy cups full... yeah !!!

So this morning was different... he was not really in much pain , but man he won't look at me... He is MAD!!! he is snuggling with his doggie and watching his movies.. He will not take food or drink from me at all!!.... so I am hoping that dad has the touch when he gets some sleep and comes up later today...

As for Hunter he is doing good. o2s are in the mid 80 sometimes low 90..
They have taken out 2 iv's and from my guess he will have 1 drainage tube out today.
I think this afternoon we will be moving upstairs to 4D... Yesterday we could have gone BUT there was no room... FULL HOUSE....

So he will be in a private room once up there, so maybe he will start to eat and drink a bit if he feels less threatened... I hope.

Thanks to every who has written and sent their prayers and well wishes...
I thank all my friends and heart mom friends for all your support, You really find out who your friends are when things like this happen. You find that friends are closer than family...

thanks again.

2 comments:

  1. Drea ~ I am so so so happy that Hunter is doing so awesome! I hope you are on the floor soon, step down is so noisy and crowded :( How are you holding up? Are you at RMH or a hotel? Are you getting rest? His sats sound so good, that's great!
    ((hugs)) to you, love the updates and so glad to hear all is going smoothly. Bet it feels good to be post Fontan!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear Hunter is doing well. It is hard to watch them be so angry, but they get over it. Dominic did the same thing, was mad at me and would let Paul do things. When he first got into the play room he painted a picture, it was all black. By the time we were ready to leave the hospital he was painting red and blue. There was another little guy there with us who only wanted his dad too, and was mad at his mom. I think they really expect us to protect them from this and they think we should have been able to stop it. It is sad, but great that he is feeling well enough to show you some attitude anyway. I hope he is happy with you again soon and soon you will be out of there.

    ReplyDelete